Effective use of parents’ financial resources, informed decisions about college choice and an understanding of the contributions to society by the Sil Foundation.
The Sil Foundation’s mission is to make a difference in the lives of prospective students from China and India seeking a high quality educational experience in the United States by assisting and guiding them to achieve their highest potential.
The Sil Foundation accomplishes its mission by:
- Providing a content-rich web site that offers free access to information resources and educational programs at several Universities in the United States.
- Providing pre-admission counseling to potential students from China and India.
- Awarding scholarships to deserving meritorious students.
- Conducting cultural tours of the United States for high school students.
- Educating potential students and their parents each year through orientation programs designed to help them adjust to college life in the United States.
- Publishing brochures and flyers promoting the foundations’ programs.
- Developing partnerships with high schools in China and India to identify potential students who need the assistance of the foundation.
- Developing partnerships with not for profit organizations in China and India who have a similar mission.
- Accepting donations from individuals, organizations, businesses and governmental entities to further the mission of the Sil Foundation.